<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Priscilla Renea - I Fell in Love  

If, like me, you can never decide if you prefer r&b divas or cutesy acoustic-poppers, then Priscilla Renea is the artist for you, as she's perched right in the middle of those two genres. I Fell in Love is sonically a blend of Shontelle and Yael Naim, plus the character of Hafdis Huld. I wasn't sure about her voice at first, but every time I listen to I Fell in Love, I become more obsessed with. I have indeed fallen in love! It's such a sweet, bouncy song with so many lyrics I don't know how Priscilla doesn't run out of breath. Priscilla is one of the many new artists who earned their record deals due to their huge popularity on YouTube, and I actually like that this has become a trend. It's a much more democratic way of deciding who gets a record deal and of course benefits the label and the artist as there is the security of already knowing the artist has public appeal. You can understand why people love her when you see her singing the dictionary on YouTube!

Powered by Blogger