<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Alcazar - Rendezvous  

I think when I downloaded this song back in 2006 I must not have listened to it properly, or perhaps not at all, because when it popped up on my iPod today I was shocked by its brilliance. At first I didn't even think it was Alcazar, because the boys don't sing on it, and it actually sounds so convincingly 70s I thought it may really be from then, although I also thought I would have known about a 70s song as good as this. It would surely be known as a disco classic. This song is so happy it makes me think of birds singing in Disney films, and the Brady Bunch, and I can't avoid smiling when listening to it. It is definitely one of the best disco pastiches I've ever heard. Research tells me it was recorded for the Alcazarized album, which was in fact their last fully new album. Can you believe they've only released 2 studio albums, and the last one was out in 2003? I waited patiently for years for the next one, and now it is finally almost here I've kind of lost the excitement, but I'm sure I'll be able to muster some when the time comes! Rendez-Vous is just a demo, but I can't see any way it could be improved. Why on earth was it not on the album?

Powered by Blogger