<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 26, 2009

Young Punx ft. Laura Kidd - Mash It Up  

Ever wondered what a combination of the Spice Girls, Kelis and Fedde le Grand would sound like? Well no, neither had I, but now I know I'm quite pleased that I do. This certainly won't be to everyone's taste, but I think there's something quite brilliant about it. It's worth hearing if only for Laura's weird pronunciation of "Go girls!" This is a girls night out anthem, but I can't imagine any girls I know ever playing it, and I kind of wish I did know girls as confidently, energetically hedonistic as those evoked by this song. When she sings "we're gonna take this town tonight", you really believe it. I suppose this kind of music is somewhat aspirational, in the sense that when you hear it in a club you feel you can be that kind of girl. A pretty unrealistic aspiration in most cases, but fun for 3 minutes anyway!

Powered by Blogger