<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Amy Pearson - Don't Miss You  

I can't say I expect much from the career of Aussie r'n'b-pop singer Amy Pearson, but I had to post this past single for its catchy chorus alone. Her style reminds me of Stacie Orrico, which is not a total disaster because Stacie released some utterly brilliant pop songs, but that was several years ago now. Unfortunately for Amy, one catchy single doesn't make up for a generic sound and look, and complete lack of a USP. I wish I could be nicer, because I like the cheerfulness and the empowering sentiment of the song, but to be honest it would be better off being given to someone with a bit more star potential. Nonetheless, it's good pop music and therefore definitely deserves its spot on Into The Groove.

Powered by Blogger