<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Keke Palmer - Bottoms Up  

This song has been around for a while, featuring on Keke's 2007 album So Uncool, but I only just dscovered it and have to share it with you. Keke Palmer became famous when she played the title role in Akeelah and the Bee, and went on to star in the Disney film Jump In! alongside Corbin Bleu. I love Bottoms Up because it's so fun and sassy, with references to several recent r'n'b/pop hits such as Bossy by Kelis and Hips Don't Lie by Shakira, and it's got a great electro backing track. This is the most relevant thing a Disney artist has recorded in a while, and it's no surprise that its German (but living in NYC) writer Toby Gad is one of the most in demand songwriters at the moment with hits such as If I Were A Boy and Big Girls Don't Cry. However, I was much more excited to recently discover that he wrote both K-Otic's Damn I Think I Love You, and Happy by Sita! If that isn't enough to deserve a place in the pop writers hall of fame, then I don't know what is...

Powered by Blogger