<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Marit Larsen - If A Song Could Get Me You  

I wasn't sure at first that I liked this new single by lovely ex-M2M singer Marit Larsen as much as Don't Save Me or Only A Fool, but by the end of my second listen I had changed my mind. It's a great comeback single, and like her previous work, it takes a few listens for the hooks to weave their way into your brain, but once they do they're there to stay! If A Song is a really sweet (and catchy) love song which typefies Marit's quirkily cutesy musical persona. After I posted Don't Save Me, the song, and Marit's album in turn, went on to become one of the critical hits of the year among music bloggers and their readers. I don't know if I can take any credit for that, but I hope that all of those people will continue to be interested in Marit with the release of her follow-up album, and don't consider her passé now the faddish appreciation has calmed down. Marit deserves to be more than a flash in the pan!

Powered by Blogger