<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Will Young - Let It Go  

I was quite worried about Will's new album, because I thought he was going to go in a jazz direction, but then I heard he was working with the Freemasons, and the excitement began. This track, which he sang live on Radio 2 on Saturday, is certainly not a Freemasons production, but it is completely lovely. Seeing him interviewed on Glastonbury reminded me how much I love Will as a person, and then hearing this I remembered what a beautiful singing voice he has. Let It Go is very simple, gentle and intimate, so it's all about the lyrics, the melody and the singing, although this of course is just an acoustic version. I can't wait to hear the album version, and the rest of his new songs. Will is back! The album of the same name will be out on September 28. I'm very excited!

Powered by Blogger