<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Leon Jean Marie - East End Blues  

I'm not a huge fan of Bed Of Nails, but his new single Bring It On is a bit better, and on his MySpace he has some really great pop songs. My favourite is East End Blues. His style is somewhat like Prince, but an updated 21st century version. If Prince was releasing these songs, he might have a few more top 10 hits. Similarly, Leon may have a few more hits if he was Prince - at the moment he's still a bit of a non-entity, and I'm not sure Bring It On is good enough to change that. However, it does annoy me that David Jordan has had some success, possibly taking up all the space there is for a new version of Prince. Hopefully the annoyingness of David's music and personality is being realised, and space will be made for Leon. That's as optimistic as I can be. The album is set for release on the 30th of June.

Powered by Blogger