<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Yelle - Je Veux Te Voir  

(Left click the link, it will open in a new tab/window) I didn't quite get Yelle, although I wanted to, when I first heard her music. I could tell that she had a fun attitude, but without understanding the lyrics I felt half of her charm must be lost. However, after seeing this video of her performing live, I can see the appeal she has for all the indie-hipsters who are raving about her. Listening to the music alone can be a little tough-going, but once you've got used to the sound of her voice it's very enjoyable and in fact I can feel myself becoming a bit addicted - I just listened to this song for my 4th time in a row! If this is a little shouty for you, seek out A Cause Des Garcons, which is a bit more melodic and equally addictive. Having seen how much fun her fans seem to have at her gigs, I'll be keeping an eye out for her playing near me, although she seems to be very busy visiting everywhere but the UK at the moment.

Powered by Blogger