<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Headless Chickens - Cruise Control  

I don't know where I got this song from, but I found it on my mp3 player last night and became instantly obsessed. The song itself (which has a female singer, not apparent in this photo) is really great, early 90s dance-pop with a blissful yet melancholy summery feel, but it's the metaphor-filled lyrics that I love most, especially the opening line "Sometimes days seem to move just like a big fat man". They're from New Zealand, so now I've posted 2 acts from NZ in a month, after never having posted one before. The cruise control metaphor will certainly appeal to Crystal, of the newly-reopened Love Pavilion. The video takes it a bit far though, simply being the band in a car! This single was released in 1991, but it wasn't until 1994 they had their biggest success, a song called George, which is rockier and explains how Headless Chickens came to be a major inspiration for Garbage.

Powered by Blogger