<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Gisela - Casanova  

Now here's a song that actually has made it into Eurovision, although how fitting it is to be representing Andorra is quite debatable: The singer found fame on Spain's equivalent to Pop Idol, and it sounds like a Swedish version of Steps. This is no reason for complaint, however, as Andorra have submitted what in my opinion is the joint (with Perelli of course) best entry for Eurovision 2008, at least of those I've heard so far, which is far from the majority, what with there being 43 and my research only beginning today. This song sounds like how we imagine a typical Eurovision song to be, but actually when you think about it, it's far from typical of Eurovision entries these days, considering the lack of tribal drumming and the use of the English language. This is a great pop song, but what with the huge number of entries this year, chances are not great for anyone, so I won't get my hopes up too much.

Powered by Blogger