<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Sam Sparro - Black And Gold  

(Left click to download) The first song on his MySpace, Cottonmouth, was pretty unappealing, but something made me give him a second chance and listen to the next song, and thank goodness I did, cos it's rather ace! He seemed to be a typical American modern soul artist, then on comes this song and I start to wonder if Kylie will be calling him in to duet on her next album, which is obviously quite a contrast to my original expectations. And if you're tired of 00s electro-disco-pop (well, I don't know, it could be possible...), you can listen to the other remix of this song on his MySpace, which sounds like it's genuinely from the 80s or 90s. Meanwhile, his self-titled track S.A.M.S.P.A.R.R.O sounds like people in the 80s would have expected 2008 to sound. And if Sam is a success, I guess they will have been right! Back to Black And Gold, I can only describe it as joyously sassy manpop, and I think you'll agree that it's excellent.

Powered by Blogger