<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Kate Nash - Merry Happy  

I haven't heard the whole album yet but I was a bit disappointed with the album version of Birds - I much prefer the live recording I posted here a few months ago, but it may just be cos I'm more used to it. I do think that version has something more to it, though, the new one seeming less moving and emotionally striking, if that combination of words even makes sense. It just doesn't grab me in the same way. Merry Happy, however, is a very jolly and lovely song, and although I've only heard Mouthwash, which is supposed to be her next single, a couple of times, I do think this would be a much better choice. If she has any sense she'll definitely release it after that. This is a demo version as the album one has a bonus track attached to it.

Powered by Blogger