<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse - Valerie  

I had no idea this song even existed until I heard it on a celebratory end of term night out last week, and considering I'm not a particular fan of either Amy or the Zutons, I didn't expect to love it as instantly and obsessively as I did! It's so much fun and brilliant to dance to. This has to be a single. Mark Ronson really is proving his genius at the moment - it's interesting when singers cover other current acts' songs, but when they're done as well as this it works even better because the song is simultaneously new and familiar. It brings a fresh take on songs we love, or makes a song like this, which is normally ruined by the annoying original singer, brilliant for having someone with a great voice singing it. It's also better than the usual Amy Winehouse songs for me, cos it's much jollier and poppier.

Powered by Blogger