<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Avril Lavigne - Hot  

I was only semi-enthusiastic about this album when I reviewed it yesterday on Dirrrty Pop, but now I've listened a couple more times I'm getting a bit obsessed with it! It really is a great pop album, much better than the other big name pop/rock female acts such as Kelly Clarkson and P!nk's last albums. All the songs are pretty good, although the lyrics can be very over-simplified sometimes ("this innocence is brilliant"??) and some tracks are a bit too Sk8r Boi-ish for my liking. I'd put it down to the involvement of fab pop writers Dr Luke and Butch Walker, but this track is one of my faves and it's just written by Avril's guitarist Evan Taubenfeld. The sound reminds me a lot of Lucy Woodward, if any of you remember her (she is actually still going).

Powered by Blogger