<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Under The Influence of Giants - Mama's Room  

I first heard of this band through #1 Hit on Another Planet, but to my detriment, didn't pay them much attention, until I found out that they would be the support act for Swedish pop/rockers The Sounds when I saw them live in March this year. I went on their MySpace and became almost instantly obsessed - half an hour later I had ordered their album and filled my mp3 player with their songs so I could get to know them all off by heart before the gig. They were fab live, and combined with The Sounds made it one of the best concerts I've been to in the last year (although nothing can come close to BWO), but when I received the album I was a little disappointed as the tracks I hadn't already heard weren't as ace as the ones I had. Still, they do have some fantastic songs and quite a varied atyle as well. This is one of their best and catchiest (fans of Maroon 5 or Christian Walz should pay extra attention), and was a single somewhere at some point, as it has a fabulous video. They are releasing another excellent song, In The Clouds, which is a bit of a rockier style, in the UK in the next few months, so hopefully they will soon be as huge as they deserve to be.

Powered by Blogger