<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Hush Sound - Lions Roar  

Knowing that this band were friends of Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard their single Wine Red last July. It was not emo or even rock at all, but a lovely and unusual acoustic-pop song. I listened to it often, but not until today did I dare to seek out any more of their work, expecting Wine Red to be their one-off good song. And yes, they do have some quite rubbish ones which make my ears ache, but they also have some really interesting pop songs on their album, including this one which is nothing but fun. It's a bit cabaret, musical-esque, with hints of ska and swing. It's bouncy, melodramatic and silly, and although you can hear similarities in the boy's way of singing to those emo bores, he makes that sound into something completely different and highly enjoyable.

Powered by Blogger