<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Robyn - Blow My Mind  

I can't believe I've never posted this song, but I've checked the archives and I really haven't. If you love Robyn's recent self-titled album and the Rakamonie EP, but haven't dug any deeper, then you are in for a big treat. This song is so gorgeous, so light and dreamy, drifting through you but still arresting your mind so you can't think of anything else. Before anyone outside Sweden ever talked about Robyn, I used to listen to this over and over again every time it was sunny enough to sit in the garden of my old house, which was an amazing garden, so full of flowers and colours it looked like it might really explode. But Blow My Mind doesn't remind me so much of that garden or my mid-teen self, as it does the sun - to me it sounds like the sun. I definitely recommend Don't Stop The Music, the album that proceded Robyn, as a great r'n'b-pop album which includes some of Robyn's best ever work.

Powered by Blogger