<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 10, 2006

ABBA - Honey Honey  

With Bjorn's adorable appearance on X factor last week and the release of the ABBA no.1s compilation and a book about Mamma Mia, ABBA are having a bit of a revival at the moment. OK, so an ABBA revival is basically a yearly event (last year's of course spurned by Madonna's amazing ABBA-sampling hit Hung Up) but I always get a bit over-excited and listen to ABBA Gold and the Definitive Collection (I do have both, but I won't buy the new one) on repeat for about a month. It was in my purchase of said Definitive Collection that I was introduced to several amazing ABBA songs I hadn't previously heard, including this one which I fell in love with instantly. A life where this song is a fitting soundtrack would be the best life I can imagine - the song is so incredibly jolly and heart-leapingly gorgeous. The style is quite 60s (quite Pipettes-esque actually!) and softer than some of the belt-along ABBA classics, but for those of you who do want something to sing along to I am posting as a little bonus treat in celebration of ABBA's brilliance, So Long, which, like Honey Honey, wasn't released in the UK, and is one of the catchiest songs ever made.

Powered by Blogger