<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 09, 2006

Sinéad Quinn - Never Happy  

Fame Academy seems so long ago now - many TV talent shows have come and gone since, gradually getting less and less exciting (although I still watch them all), and FA remains the best. Why it wasn't allowed to continue for more than 2 series I'll never understand, because it really was a fantastic programme. It's difficult to explain for those who weren't fans why it was so much better than Pop Idol or X Factor, but for me it was just the variety in the show and the way we got to know the contestants. Each week had so many twists (especially compared to the predictable Idol format), such as surprise challenges, special prizes and duets, and with the Big Brother-style coverage we soon got to know who the ace ones were. My favourite in the first series was Irish pop-rocker Sinéad, who went on to make a highly underrated album full of great pop music. This catchy, funny song was the one that stood out to me instantly, but it's one of many ace songs on the CD, which I definitely recommend. P.S. I had to go back to Filelodge cos at uni I can't access my Orange web space, so if the files disappear, as they sometimes do, I apologise in advance - just leave a comment and I'll try to fix it.

Powered by Blogger