<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Natasha Bedingfield - The One That Got Away (Valentin Radio Mix)  

When looking for information on Natasha's acely titled forthcoming single I Want To Have Your Babies (it now seems it will not be released until 2007 as she's too busy being big in America) I came across this remix of a bonus track from the US version of her album. I couldn't help falling instantly in love with its sunny, catchy chorus, which stayed in my head for hours after each time I listened to it. I could totally imagine Natasha releasing this as a comeback single with a video something like Madonna's video for Ray of Light, and I really hope she follows this sort of direction for her second album, although considering the general indifference to dance music in America (with the exception of the occasional Euro-dance single) it seems sadly unlikely. I look forward to hearing what she comes up with nonetheless, and I hope the album's fate is better than her brother's second album which, although I enjoyed it personally as much his first, didn't come close to matching his debut's success, mainly due to a lack of stand-out singles. I know the Bedingfields are an opinion-splitting subject among pop fans, but I personally love them and I think anyone who saw Daniel's appearance as God on the final episode of Popworld would agree that the world of pop would not be complete without them.

Powered by Blogger