<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 27, 2006

BWO - Will My Arms Be Strong Enough  

I was expecting to have posted a song from this album much earlier than this, but I have spent the time since it arrived through my letterbox on Saturday morning deliberating over which song I should post. It's a big decision, you know! I finally narrowed it down to 2, one ballad and one dancy track, and this is the ballad. Don't expect to be weeping by the end of it though, this song is moving but so uplifting in sound, if anything you'll be crying with joy. It exemplifies the new gospel sound the band have used on some of the Halcyon Days songs, such as the amazing opening track Chariots Of Fire. Although BWO have done other ballads (Open Door and We Could Be Heroes), this is their first attempt, as far as I see it, to conquer the style of a typical ballad, the kind that could be a hit in any era of pop as it's just undeniably gorgeous and transcends any trends. We ould Be Heroes is going to be their next single, but I really think it should be this instead - it's just a phenomenally great track that shows the versatility of Alexander Bard's creativity.

Powered by Blogger