<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Frank Popp Ensemble - Hip Teens (Don't Wear Blue Jeans)  

This was one of my songs of the summer 2 years ago when I went to Germany where this was on the radio quite a lot at the time. Frank Popp (great surname!) is the DJ/musician behind the track and the Motown-esque vocals belong to a lady named Sam Leigh Brown who sings on all the Frank Popp Ensemble's songs. They released their first EP in the UK in May this year but I guess it didn't do too well as I never heard about it until now - I'm sure if they added this song as a bonus track it would have been a huge hit! You may have also heard their song GooGoo Muck as it is the soundtrack to the Pringles advert set in Italy for their new Mediterranean flavours, and apparently other songs from the EP have been used for Coca Cola, BMW and Audi adverts. I can see why, because their style is classic (if you didn't know you'd probably guess they really were from the 60s or 70s), but they are also fresh and quite poptastic, although this song is definitely their most poptastic and I do think it could have been a huge hit here if UK radio caught on. If you like the sound of them you can go and see them at the Secret Garden in Huntingdon on the 20th of August - check their site for more details.

Powered by Blogger