<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Broken Social Scene feat. Emily Haines - Anthems For A 17-Year-Old Girl  

This song is pretty appropriate for me since I am a 17-year-old girl, but it's also a really interesting song. At first it seems a bit quiet, it's hard to make out what the singer (Emily Haines, frontwoman of another band called Metric and drafted in just for this song) is singing and later in the song it's very repetitive but it's also extremely surprisingly catchy. Once it ends, if you're anything like me, you'll be going "Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me" in your head for hours. A strange thing I have noticed is that Broken Social Scene have a song on the same album called Shampoo Suicide, while the song 4 posts back (by Grand Popo Football Club) is from an album called Shampoo Victims. I hope this is not some kind of sign...

Powered by Blogger