<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 11, 2004

Shebang - Covergirl  

You might remember I posted a Shebang song right at the beginning of this blog, and here is another, this time a track from their second album So Come On. Shebang are an energetic Swedish punk-pop girl duo, kind of Avril Lavigne meets Shampoo, and this is one of my favourites of their songs. In Covergirl the Shebang girls are rebelling from the typical celebrity image, saying they're "no average covergirls" and don't want to pretend. The best bit of the song is the 'talky bit' where a presenter on a beauty contest asks a contestant questions and her replies include "My role model is my mother" and "I'd like to work with children", then he says "Don't you just LOVE her?", the crowd cheers and the song returns full force!

Powered by Blogger