<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 29, 2004

Rufus Wainwright - Movies Of Myself  

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought a Rufus album (Want One) and I'm very pleased I did because, although his voice is strange and made some songs hard to get into, it is a brilliant album once you get used to it. Movies Of Myself was my favourite on first listen - the backing is upbeat and quite poppy but once Rufus starts singing along it's actually rather 'big band' and theatrical. This is what Will should have sung on Big Band week, if only it had existed in January 2002. No-one would have guessed that the song wasn't actually from that era, except it is a lot more intricate than the old big band songs, there's always loads going on. I don't know if I could call it catchy but it's certainly got hooks, you can't help tapping along to the constant beat and Rufus' voice sounds great on it. If you like this you should definitely buy the album cos this song is a very good representation of it.

Powered by Blogger